- 400g dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- shaved parmesan ot tasty cheese to serve
- 1 cup cream - (optional - keep this out and it's still absolutely delicious - and healthier)
- Cook fettuccine according to the packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Add pesto, cream (optional), salt and pepper to frying pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Drain pasta. Add to pesto mixture. Toss over low heat until well combined. Transfer to serving bowls. Top with parmesan and basil. Serve warm.
Stay tuned for more budget recipes....