- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (185ml) milk
- 1 egg
- Melted butter, to brush, plus extra knobs to serve
- Sift flour and sugar together into a bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Whisk milk and egg together, then add to dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and brush with a little melted butter. Drop level tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and cook for half a minute or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn over and cook other side for 1 minute until golden.
- Allow to cool and serve with butter.